cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay guarantee and product replacement

tushar_rzr
Community Member
So i bought a mobile phone (sony xperia V) couple days ago from a reputed seller. The experience with the seller has been good so far but ebay support has not been great.
Thing is, the phone that i received has a bad touch panel and it doesn't recognize any touch inputs. I had a talk with the seller and he asked me to send it back to him for replacement... all good.

I went to some courier service offices in my town and they all said the same thing "we don't courier mobile phones". I called the seller and he then asked me to inquire ebay support. then it all went this way

1. I contact ebay support, they ask me to file a claim on ebay guarantee
2. I file the claim, call them back and they say "sir, it takes 24 hours for claim to be filed in our system. You'll get a call from us after this period"
3. I call them after almost 35 hours, I'm now told it takes minimum of 5 days and can take upto 21 days for ebay to call me back about the claim

This left me puzzled since the warranty paper i received from my seller said something like "In case of manufacturing defect return the item within 7 days for replacement"

I read somewhere that ebay guarantee doesn't follow that "x days clause" but on contacting ebay support i hear a new thing, i have to make sure the seller is willing to replace it or not...what the hell. Do the customer service guys even know what's up? They all give me slightly different information everytime i call up and its really annoying

Now all i can hope is that ebay actually contacts in twenty frigging days and finally get this thing replaced. After that, i'm done with ebay.in
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

amol786
Community Member
HI tushar_rzr i am Amol..n i wnat to purchase xperia tx.So i want to know from which seller you purchased that 1.As V and TX are not availble in india.Bt on ebay it is available
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Last 3days i purchase word smallest bluetooh bu ebay online phrchase but its not working propperly on all phone and speeker volume is very poor quality no budy will hearing my voice by btooth,pls call me and replace it
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I recive samgung USB data cable ...it is defecyed peace...plzz replace it...With new one
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I recive samgung USB data cable ...it is defecyed peace...plzz replace it...With new one.
I received it on 18th of October 2015
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I want to request eBay to upgrade the refund and return policy.as you can't keep customers waiting for days to hear their claim.this will disappoint customers from buying
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

slam9058
Community Member
I bought a mobile of Intex model Cloud Force at Rs.4550. After two days of shipment my mobile starts disturbing as the apps are not working and a mobile becoming format automatically.
It is creating a problem to me as it is worthless. Kindly..help me to solve this problem by replacement or refunding my money. Thank you.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Mene car gps manga ya tha na to usper likha no.chalta he or na hi uhe gps. Plz use vapis kar lenge. Thanks
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My order is defect in replacement
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I want to replace my order , mercury stylish daily cover for samsung J2 , but ye cover aaya h samsung J2 ke 2016 ke model ka or mujhe chahiye tha 2015 ke model ka to isko replace krna hai kaise kru my no. 7440584734
Message 10 of 10
latest reply