cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont buy items with dealers warranty...........check out deals of the week

faransqi_09
Community Member
dear all,
for education of all buyers there are sellers who are selling items with sellers /dealers warranty at very attractive prices. i was about to fall in 1 of the trap. some of these sellers are power sellers.please dont get duped. still you want to go for it please check your location and the sellers location if you acnnot raech him physically again advice is dont fall for it.Generally Dealer's/sellers warranty iems are grey/refurbished items. IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY WHICH GENERALLY AVAILABLE ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

please post your comments positive sellers are also welcome.
Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Dear real.phoenix

Pls dont think that the product which we are selling are not with VAT & CST.

Warranty and gray market are 2 different thing.you are mixing it.

You cant call it any way a gray market item which doesnt have manufacturers warranty.

Its not possible in all case to have a manufacturer service center everywhere so manufacturer instead of selling with manufacturer warranty and giving some location for warranty give to importers and then they can take care of warranty thing.

I provide bill with VAT & CST for all our sales.

Regards
Message 21 of 53
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
Just my little bit,
if your sales are below 10 lacs p.a. and you are not VAT assesse you dont need to take VAT number, hence you dont need to charge VAT to the customers as well. And this is not GREY. Contact any nokia office you will get to know the fact. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 22 of 53
latest reply

real.phoenix,

Little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I am an importer. I find a deal deal in laptops in the USA, possible on ebay.com.

I import the lot of say 10 laptops in India. I pay full duty on it. Further when I sell it I pay VAT on it (and also claim SAD refund). It is 100% legal business, it is not grey market. The laptops will carry manufacturer's warranty in the USA but may not carry the same in India.

Though I do not import branded products (I deal in generics). I know many importers who have been regularly importing branded electronics, they do not carry an manufacturer's warranty.

So do not confuse products without manufacturer's warranty with grey.

For your knowledge, a company like Apple provides replacement warranty on its ipods, no matter where they have been purchased. So even grey market ipods carry full Manufacturer's warranty.
Message 23 of 53
latest reply

Mobiles phones, etc.

Here is a piece of new for you. As soon as you sell goods worth Re.1/- cross border (outside your state), you become liable for CST and hence VAT. There is exemption limit for VAT but not for CST.

Every ebay seller by law has to be a registered dealer with local VAT and CST.

Devesh
Message 24 of 53
latest reply

However we have been digressing from the topic.

It is about huge volume (like TVs) products being sold with Dealer's warranty.

There has been a new development which I would share with the community.

The new terms for dealer warranty for products like LCD TV are:

Terms of 1 Year Dealer Warranty

·We will provide 1 year warranty for LCD TV from our end( Not from the Manufacturer)
·If LCD TV is having product related issues during warranty period, we will pick up the product from the shipping address for which the item got delivered.
·We will get it serviced and send the item back to you.
·Shipping cost for both ways will be paid by us.
·Only Manufacturing defects covered under warranty. If the item is misused or accidental then it will not be covered under warranty.
·In case the product have minor fault then you can get it repaired from local market and get the reimbursement from us by producing the service centre invoice. You need to confirm the expense with us before getting it serviced. This will save 10 to 15 days shipping time both ways.

(taken from sellers listings in current dow on LCD TVs)

Is this a victory for the community? Or the solution still leaves a lot to be desired.

I want the opinion of the active buyers on this thread to respond.

------
Devesh
Message 25 of 53
latest reply

bharatbhushan1982
Community Member
i recently bought a Nikon P90 with dealer warranty and after reading this forum i want to return it ? please advise how can i get my money back? detail of product
Nikon P90
price: INR 15550/-
dealer warranty from ebay's powerseller turningpoint2009
Message 26 of 53
latest reply

e.jewel
Community Member
Dear real.phoenix,

Kindly search " Open box " on eBay.com, you will see a lot of listings, are theses also Grey Market PRODUCTS.
I have sold 200 Videocon DVD players without any warranty, I think according to your calculation it was of grey market too, right. In spite of the fact that Videocon is an Indian compnay.

If you order a Sony camera from Dubai online & also pay the duty then still you will not get Sony India warranty. It means it was also grey market product. I have been in electronic business for the past 38 years, and without manufacturer warranty doesn't always means it's a grey market product. Go and buy Mitashi product in Mumbai, you will get manufacturer warranty, but try to buy same product in small city in UP, you will not even get dealer warranty on it.

Recently I purchased an OGeneral AC with Tax invoice & Vat but without warranty, because it was imported one & not OGeneral India product.

It's very simple " Jo dikhta hai woh hota nahi hai aur jo hota hai who dikhta nahi hai".

With Regards
Shaikh
eJewel India
Message 27 of 53
latest reply

@mobile-phones-etc

U r wrong in this point
if your sales are below 10 lacs p.a. and you are not VAT assesse you dont need to take VAT number, hence you dont need to charge VAT to the customers
but buddy if ur sales is above 5 lac p.a u need a VAT number
Message 28 of 53
latest reply

" Jo dikhta hai woh hota nahi hai aur jo hota hai who dikhta nahi hai".

See if i import a Item by paying import duty and also taxes
So i can sell the item with VAT n CST but still it does not have warranty on it as its imported and U wud get a warranty in the state which u have imported So seller give DEALER WARRANTY as they know branded company product dont get spoilt they is just less then 1% chance of getting any manufacturing defect.So that does not means it grey market

ITS 100% LEGAL BUSINESS
So real.phoenix its not grey market Product buddy

GREY Market means u buy the product from abroad n get the product in India without paying import duty and taxes.that the defn of grey market
so dont misguide buyer

Regards
Reliable Enterprise
Mustafa
Message 29 of 53
latest reply

utkalrpradhan
Community Member
I also surprise, How come ebay.in allowing such sellers with dealer warranty, which means NOTHING to the consumer. For ex: This week ebay.in deal of the week is Sony DSC-W310 digicam which the seller sells with 1 yr warranty where as the actual/genuine Sony camera comes with 3 years manufacturer warranty. Means ebay.in promoting or allowing sale of fake products by its seller !!! Thank God, I saved mu bit. I'll prefer to buy from a dealer which sells with actual manufacturer warranty and will give me genuine bill. And also request other buyers to avoid such deals with lucrative less prices.
Message 30 of 53
latest reply