Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Customs duty in India

frenz4evaash
Community Member
I m into buying a used phone approx 60$ .I would like to ask how to declare the item is used, will that be done by seller while shipping and printed on the invoice or some other proof is required? I have heard that in case, the item is charged, they do so on the depreciated value.
Message 31 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

mqazi4u
Community Member
Helo i have won a bid of Nokia mobile from the seler in Bangalore. But i dnt have credit or debit card Now how can i make the payment .
Message 32 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

raol.narayan81
Community Member
Hi
I've recently purchased a set of silver plated spoons from the UK. What are the likely custom issues? They don't weight much.
thanks in advance

R
Message 33 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

skum9247
Community Member
ebay is pathetic: I bought a Bajaj iron through e-bay paisa pay ID 180767857119. The seller kept delaying the delivery. suddenly i found the paisa pay status as treated delivered.The seller sent a defective item after one month. When i approached ebay they asked to reship the item back to the seller which i did on 9th Feb. Till day I am yet to get any status from ebay. the customer help desk at ebay is pathetic. It takes hours to get into a operator and even they kept repeating the same thing without any help. Transacting with ebay is frustrating and i will never advise any body for the same. There are other portal which provide better service.
Message 34 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

karna90
Community Member
hw mch it wil cost to ship the mobile to kolkatta from banglore.
Message 35 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

vdandriyal420420
Community Member
when will i get my football which i buyed on 18th March,and the price in rupees
Message 36 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

mohan_gmr
Community Member
Bonafide commercial samples can be imported through courier provided the said samples are being received free of cost (see Import of Samples). Similarly, gifts from persons abroad upto the value of Rs. 5,000/- and all the life saving drugs and equipments which are not chargeable to any duty at present (see Notification 20/99-Cus) can also be sent to India through the courier mode.
Message 37 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

shamik_ray
Community Member
I bought a camera lens from a seller in Hong Kong worth $170. Its been almost 12 days since the payment was cleared. Is it possible that it is stuck in customs..In that case how do I make sure? Does the customs dept. intimate you or something?
Message 38 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

77sevenup88
Community Member
to all the guys who post here asking for how much the customs duty is for the items the bought, guys u should be worrying about the customs BEFORE u buy the item not afterwards ( real STUPID i should say).
I went through Indian customs website, the excise/customs duty varies a lot, depending on TYPE of item(not all items have same customs duty), its weight and value shown in the customs declaration form by shipper/seller.

MOST sellers from US and Europe DONT break rules and label an item as a gift (but a few do i guess), so better confirm with the seller before u bid/buy for any item.
And India customs is veryyyyyy corrupt and ineffecient, most of the time if u get an item from abroad by mail without any hazzles/issues u r LUCKY...and usually no one is going to contact u from customs to inform u about any problem/issue with the package u received, ( unless it is high value item or some serious violation like banned items etc) they know that anyways after waiting for sometime u will try to contact them yourself, I know this from personal experience, but hey it was my own experience, maybe people here will have a different story to tell
Message 39 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

vineethb20
Community Member
hi, i am new in ebay.recently i was purchased Remote Control Car Kids toy birthday gift toys RC cars @ 150/- hyd free shipping.I will not receive the item .But the order status is received .What will i do..?
Message 40 of 87
latest reply