Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Customs duty in India

If it was Global Ebay you bought from, then you might have to wait for a very very long time for the item to ship (if at all they ship it). Customs will not be a problem though.

In case of direct purchase from ebay.com, you might have to pay Customs and in states like West Bengal and U.P. there will be a few more problems like from the sales tax dept.
Message 21 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

divbhalani
Community Member
Hii

i want to buy onkyo ht - s9300thx music system.....i m live in INDIA i wand buy this product from USA...so please inform me how many paid custom duty and shipping charge for this system please inform me soon as possible...my email id div.bhalani@aol.in
Message 22 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

divbhalani
Community Member
Hii

i want to buy onkyo ht - s9300thx music system.....i m live in INDIA i wand buy this product from USA...so please inform me how many paid custom duty and shipping charge for this system please inform me soon as possible...my email id div.bhalani@aol.in
Message 23 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

anoob2010
Community Member
I have bought a mobile phone from ebay.com and the seller has already shipped it through USPS. i have checked the website for tracking and its shows that it is being processed by the Indian customs. The seller has shipped it marked as a gift. Can someone tell me if the item will be delivered to me? how long will it take to clear the customs? will there be any other issues with it?
Message 24 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

shravan9001
Community Member
hello , i have purchased xperia neo for $400 from singapure the seller will mark it as gift. but i heard from one of my friend that i have to pay 110% custom duties for that it means the mobile with cost me $800. is that true ?
or how much i have to pay for that and what i can or seller can do for that for minimum custom duties.
thanks
Message 25 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

1shaggy1
Community Member
HI, I Purchased an Apple iPhone 3GS (300$) from ebay.com. I received my item few days ago. I dint paid any custom duties. Item was marked as gift and valued as 300$. I guess Iam lucky that i dint got any duties to pay!!
Message 26 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

amolvasudeva
Community Member
Dear Sir,
I want to buy a second hand music cassette deck from ebay USA. The cost of this deck is $1100 and the shipping charges to Delhi, India are about $200. Please tell me how much tax I will have to pay for this second hand cassette deck?
Message 27 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

ashitmehta
Community Member
HI
I HAVE WON A BID FOR HP TOUCHPAD FOR $ 237.5. HOW MUCH WILL I HAVE TO PAY FOR CUSTOMS? PLS. ANSWER SOOONNNN
Message 28 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

krishnaprasadkkp
Community Member
Hi
If I am to buy a mobile phone from UK and ship it as gift what would the percentage of custom that I would be liable to pay?
Thank You
Message 29 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

leatherpix-com
Community Member
Hi everyone. You can just google Indian custom fees. But for example in my country (Ukraine) they add 45% to a price for every item above 200$. So when i buy something expensive, I'm asking seller (before bidding) to indicate lower amount in the shipping invoice, like 180$ instead of 700. I've done this several times and never got any issues. One more thing. Item being shipped via FedEX may be revalued by its staff disregarding what is written in the invoice, so in order to avoid possible problems i prefer to use regular post services. Peace 🙂
Message 30 of 87
latest reply