Community Member

Customs duty in India

HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
i hope you will face problem...

But a few steps can help.
Ask your seller to declare parcel value not more than 45 USD.
Tell him to declare the parcel as gift item with no commercial value.
He better send you the item by USPS method.

If everything goes well your item will be delivered within 7 working days confirmed !! "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
hi, the item is gone to the customs and they sent me a letter asking for invoice and stuff like that. Are the paypal confirmation and ebay confirmation i made sufficient enough? and also the seller had to insure it so had to declare the actual value. Please tell me what can i do get it out of customs?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
hi, the item is gone to the customs and they sent me a letter asking for invoice and stuff like that. Are the paypal confirmation and ebay confirmation i made sufficient enough? and also the seller had to insure it so had to declare the actual value. Please tell me what can i do get it out of customs?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
The seller should have attached an invoice with the parcel.

Pay duty at the rate of approx 21% and be done with it.

-----
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
hello i am nitesh here i have odered ps3 game form hongkong worth 32$ will there be any customs duty for releasing the parcel and how many days usually does it takes to come.thank u
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi nitesh.ramani if i am correct and you are lucky your item must not attract any customs charges.I have received package worth 65$ without being taxed.But i have some packages taxed for a mere 40$ worth.Any ways do not worry as this is just a game it must not get taxed and even if it gets taxed the tax amount must not exceed 300Rs.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
I am new to ebay.Can anybody tell when we buy any item from ebay.com(USA).Do we have to pay custom duty for items like Antique/Coins/Stamps /currency etc.If so where can I get the tariff and customs rules and regulation for these
items ?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
I have ordered a Blackberry Bold 9700 From USA to my address in Gujarat. Its worth 415$. Will i attract any customs duty?
Is it fixed or sometimes u get lucky by doing away with the duty? Can some1 help?

Kavish
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi Kavish,

How are you? This is Sushant here and I manage the Global EasyBuy service from eBay India.

While one if able to find items on other eBay sites (especially eBay.com) that are shipped to India, concerns around time taken to receive the item, custom clearances and other bottlenecks have meant that you have not been able to get your hands on that attractive deal or hard-to-find item.

And it was exactly to alleviate this pain-point of our buyers that we launched the Global EasyBuy (GEB) service. When you buy on Global EasyBuy, you

a. Pay one single price that includes the cost of the item, cost of shipping, customs, and all other processing fees you might have to otherwise deal with individually,
b. Pay in Indian Rupees using PaisaPay and not be bothered about using your credit card to make payment in foreign currencies,
c. Get assured delivery at your door-step
d. Are protected by the eBay Buyer Protection program

What's more, there are close to 18 million items available for your purchase right away on www.globaleasybuy.com!

Hope that helps. For any queries on GEB, feel free to reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com

Cheers!
Sushant
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Now a days the sellers clearly say that they will not mark the items as gifts as they say that it is against US Laws. Kindly someone guide us on this.
Please use plain text.
real.phoenix
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi,

There would be a customs duty to the tune of 30% in the electronics items exceeding the value of INR 20000/-

For more information, please refer to the govt. website on customs regulations in India. I won't paste the link here as it is against eBay policy.
Please use plain text.
real.phoenix
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
netbizonline,

There is no customs duty on coins and stamps. Also these are collectibles items and so most of the sellers can mark them as gift.

Regards,
Mustufa
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi Guys,
Recently i have bought a Nikon FE2, a 35mmFilm SLR camera from U.S.A eBay seller for $209 plus shipping charges another $32. By the time it reached my address, postman came up with a customs note asking for Rs.2,999. The camera wouldn't fall under electronics category and on top of that, its nearly 26 year old used camera. I didn't take the camera after i saw the custom duty note. I got atleast four other cameras earlier from international sellers and i had never this kind of a problem even with expensive camera than this. Right now its still at the post office. Can any one guide me to get out of this irrational customs duty?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
hey i had bought an 1yr used playstation3 console from Ebay(us site) for $115(Rs.5000 approx)...in india it cost around Rs.23000..do i need to pay any customs duty on it..???if yes how much would it be..????and what would be the process after it got delivered to india..???
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Ebay India site is very slow these days.Does anybody know the reason.It is really a serious problem while bidding/paying online.I would like to invite views of other ebay users.
thanks
Please use plain text.
systeminflow
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
If you are in other Cities other than WEST BENGAL then you wont have any trouble with the Postal Custom House.

If the item is used and valued lower then the Customs would only charge about 20 to 30% of the value as Custom fees.

I wont recommend GEB as they overcharges (shipping, duties, etc) and they are very very slow and even you wont be able to know about your order status as there is no one to reply to your queries.
You would save money, time if you order directly from the seller on ebay.com

I have very sad experiences with the GEB and have discontinued using them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi,
I have purchased a camcorder from USA on ebay.com for $5.5+ shipping $45.5. the seller shipped the item promptly after making the payment thru paypal.

Now i have received a show cause notice from customs department, chennai stating it is a restricted item and give the explanation why penal action cannot be taken? more over they have assessed the value of the camcorder for Rs.9000/-.

What should i do now? cos lot of people from india might be buying from other countries as the items are available at cheaper prices.

can canyone suggest what should i do now.

Thanks in advance,
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
@sai_ganapathi: You have already posted the same question on a new thread. Don't hijack this thread from the issue at hand
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Customs duty in India

in reply to nithin85
Hi
Recently purchased a remote control for $22 + $15 as shipping total paid Rs 1765. it will be shipped in a week. do i need to pay any custom duty if yes then how? please reply ASAP.
Please use plain text.