Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Customs duty in India

i hope you will face problem...

But a few steps can help.
Ask your seller to declare parcel value not more than 45 USD.
Tell him to declare the parcel as gift item with no commercial value.
He better send you the item by USPS method.

If everything goes well your item will be delivered within 7 working days confirmed !! "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 2 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
hi, the item is gone to the customs and they sent me a letter asking for invoice and stuff like that. Are the paypal confirmation and ebay confirmation i made sufficient enough? and also the seller had to insure it so had to declare the actual value. Please tell me what can i do get it out of customs?
Message 3 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
hi, the item is gone to the customs and they sent me a letter asking for invoice and stuff like that. Are the paypal confirmation and ebay confirmation i made sufficient enough? and also the seller had to insure it so had to declare the actual value. Please tell me what can i do get it out of customs?
Message 4 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

The seller should have attached an invoice with the parcel.

Pay duty at the rate of approx 21% and be done with it.

-----
Message 5 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

nitesh.ramani
Community Member
hello i am nitesh here i have odered ps3 game form hongkong worth 32$ will there be any customs duty for releasing the parcel and how many days usually does it takes to come.thank u
Message 6 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi nitesh.ramani if i am correct and you are lucky your item must not attract any customs charges.I have received package worth 65$ without being taxed.But i have some packages taxed for a mere 40$ worth.Any ways do not worry as this is just a game it must not get taxed and even if it gets taxed the tax amount must not exceed 300Rs.
Message 7 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

I am new to ebay.Can anybody tell when we buy any item from ebay.com(USA).Do we have to pay custom duty for items like Antique/Coins/Stamps /currency etc.If so where can I get the tariff and customs rules and regulation for these
items ?

Thanks
Message 8 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

kavishmunim
Community Member
I have ordered a Blackberry Bold 9700 From USA to my address in Gujarat. Its worth 415$. Will i attract any customs duty?
Is it fixed or sometimes u get lucky by doing away with the duty? Can some1 help?

Kavish
Message 9 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kavish,

How are you? This is Sushant here and I manage the Global EasyBuy service from eBay India.

While one if able to find items on other eBay sites (especially eBay.com) that are shipped to India, concerns around time taken to receive the item, custom clearances and other bottlenecks have meant that you have not been able to get your hands on that attractive deal or hard-to-find item.

And it was exactly to alleviate this pain-point of our buyers that we launched the Global EasyBuy (GEB) service. When you buy on Global EasyBuy, you

a. Pay one single price that includes the cost of the item, cost of shipping, customs, and all other processing fees you might have to otherwise deal with individually,
b. Pay in Indian Rupees using PaisaPay and not be bothered about using your credit card to make payment in foreign currencies,
c. Get assured delivery at your door-step
d. Are protected by the eBay Buyer Protection program

What's more, there are close to 18 million items available for your purchase right away on www.globaleasybuy.com!

Hope that helps. For any queries on GEB, feel free to reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com

Cheers!
Sushant
Message 10 of 87
latest reply