cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated on eBay... What you should know before buying on eBay

I purchased an Iphone 5S 64 gb space grey brand new item  on 15th June and paid 25950 for it by PaisaPay .A few days later the seller phoned and said that he did not have the product I ordered and asked if he could send an alternate product which I refused.

After this I tried to cancel the order but the seller refused to cancel. He then sent me the shipment very late much after the deadline. I received my order on 28th June by Fedex courier. The packet was sealed and had the ebay logo on it. Inside there was a cheap plain cardboard box which contained an OLD BROKEN DAMAGED PHONE of brand Xolo. It was a totally useless old piece of rubbish only fit for the junk yard. I was just shocked at what I had got and that too for a payment of 25950 Rs!

I immediately wrote to the seller and to the Ebay customer support and told them what I had got. I thought there was some mistake somewhere. But I got no reply from either of them! No excuse or explanation from the seller at all. After so many phone calls and emails I finally got a call from ebay inseller verification centre on 2nd July asking me to send the images of the damaged item which I did the same day. I got no reply after that.

Then I tried to escalate my case to the Ebay Grievance centre. An officer listened to my case politely and said that he was sorry and he would give me a resolution within 5 days. More than 15 days have passed since then... and I have absolutely no response from them. I have made several attempts to call the Grievance office but the lines are always busy and if at all I manage to talk to someone they give me a standard reply that they will give me a resolution in 24-48 hrs which they never did. Alternately i also tried to open a case in the Ebay resolution centre but the seller was uncooperative and refused to respond.

Please help me fellow ebay members! This is downrighting cheating and fraud and I cannot understand how Ebay would tolerate such brazen misconduct and dishonesty from a seller!!!

The Customer Centre told me that the seller did not get paid as I filed a complaint immediately.

BUT THEN WHERE IS MY MONEY ? EBAY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO KEEP THIS MONEY. ITS NOT ONLY SHOCKING AND UNETHICAL BUT PROBABLY ILLEGAL TOO

Denis

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0