Cheated by seller and ebay

shubraj
Community Member
Hi
I have received mail from ebay that my refund request for the item (Sony Ericsson Experia X10 8GB 2 months used+Accessories) has been rejected by PaisaPay due to the following reason: Proof of delivery verified, on 22-Aug-10.
I am contacting ebay customer support for last one month that I had not recieved the product and I have been told by customer executive that Mr Anekat of refund deptt will going to contact me.He never called me but now I got this mail that my refund request has been rejected,I am getting a feeling that I have been getting cheated by ebay.I demand you to show/send me the proof of delivery.How the proof of delivery can be there when the details of delivery given by seller was not correct as the airway bill number given by him was not correct as confirmed by the courier company offices at Mumbai and Delhi.
Seller genuine.buy has shipped item (Sony Ericsson Experia X10 8GB 2 months used+Accessories) on 12-Jul-10. The shipping details are:
Track this item

* Courier name: Akash Ganga Couriers
* Airway bill details: 11125866019
* Remarks: Delivery within 3 Business days

I again request you to give me the proof of delivery given by seller.I again say,that first I was cheated by that seller by giving false information about the courier details and now ebay is cheating by rejecting my refund request.
I am associated with ebay since many years and a regular buyer but today I am getting a feeling that ebay is not genuine company and is cheating a genuine buyer.

Rajeev

ebay ID shubraj
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

linusstudios
Community Member
@ shubraj

This is really unfortunate. Please file a claim under Buyer Protection Program. Thats the only option left now. as INR case has already been closed. You can also open SNAD case and claim refund. You can also start putting this in eBay's Facebook page. They are 100 times more active there than here in their own forum. Irony indeed.

p.s.- I request other members not to make a mockery of perils others are in.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

imkumar2050
Community Member
ebay.in is fighting with me very badly..

my user id : imkumar2050
Item number:280523810709
Paisapay Id : 26879243179
ebay claim id : 9363

i returned back the item as the seller sold me a used mobile, but listed as new..

it has been more than 15 days since the refund was approved by paisapay, but the refund did not show neither in my bank account nor atleast with "VISA"..so i initiated a chargeback and got my money back, later ebay guy called up and apologised but unable to answer my questions..however they have not appealed anything in the chargeback cycle process

today ie 25/august , 4000 was debited without any authorization, i requested a callback but i have'nt received..im not sure but i found that they have now appealed on my chargeback,

i really dont understand how a person can take the money away when the chargeback cycle has completed..

why is ebay blindly fighting over this transaction?? this will only make the merchants bank to slap fines to ebay..

ebay is 620 INR due [ shipping charges for returning items] case id: 00391180
ebay and its sellers caused me menntal agony and financial loss...
its time for me to fight back to open their eyes
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I can not file a buyer protection case as the one I registered earlier while waiting for paisapay was closed and now as paisapay took 30 days to revert (despite endless followups), ebay is not registering a fresh case!

Shubraj, we need to work together in resolving these concerns.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

You should immediately leave a feedback to the seller as per the experience. Your feedback is important for us to restrict the seller from cheating others.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
@shubraj ask the seller for the imei of the phone, its his duty to have a record of all imei number which he sells especially secondhand, and give a complain to the police station near you, with the imei number, showing you own the phone as proof show them a copy of the purchase done via ebay print it out, they will surely trace out the cell phone within a month or two you need to be but constantly behind them for the same.

If imei number record is not kept, the seller, is really into some shady busines.Even though write a mail to inrswebhelp@ebay.com they chould help and as @linustudio says open up remaining ebay guarantee claims, item not as described and item significantly not as described case.

And follow up with them on facebook,take a writing from akashganga agency that the awb is fake, or threaten them with a police complain, if they donot co-operate, as its a serious matter of theft, show them your ebay transaction sheet.

Hope and pray to god all goes well, dont you check feedback scores or ask the seller before making such a big purchase which courier he uses, we sell items of max 1000rs and people who purchase items woth 100rs ask us 100 questions and sometimes ridiculously ask for dispaych via bluedart for a 100rs worth item, your behaviour is too callous , you should have done due thorogh check up of the reputation and also courier used by the seller and then gone for it, also when something is selling extra-ordinarily cheap please always check through the same properly.

Especially for secondhand phones, ask the seller if there is a proper same imei box and only then buy and and ask him to courier the box separately first and once you get possesion of the box ask him to send the phone, or if you are in hurry pay him a bit more but ask phone and box with imei sticker, IMEI sticker is important here, to be sent separately.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

The listing suggested that the item is with original box and bill. Seller should have been held responsible for a duplicate bill with IMEI number by ebay before rejecting the claim just based on an incorrect shipping info on a fake piece of paper.

As informed, I have recorded conversation of this seller abusing me and claiming to have never shipped the product and that he will never ship either. This is third such case. He kept relisting these phone even after me and shubraj had purchased them around 9th July 2010. THERE IS NO DOUBT that this SELLER IS A FRAUD. I am not sure where does shubraj stays, but in my city the courier company has already confirmed that the AWB number is incorrect and it starts with 8 with eight digit number.

As this seller himself has claimed that he is a gangster and will keep the money and will send goons for leaving a negative feedback and that he never shipped the phone (when asked for IMEI number).

Report to police as berrynxt suggests, however 60days of leaving the feedback is approaching and I suggest that you do it before you can not.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
well i do know a litle bit about Law - but IMHO a recorder conversation with seller where he is abusing u is not admissable if recorded without his consent ( video is different though).There are some case citations if u like.
As far as recording IMEI numbers i dont think the police will be interested neither the service providers unless it comes through court order or Govt. direction (whereby the phone can be blocked and user apprehended through tracking). Too unrealistic a process.
Suggest you Engage a lawyer for a consumer redressal forum Hearing but then the queston of jurisdiction arises - are u and seller in the same city?
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

c153niyam,

Seller is untraceable as he registers with different IDs claiming to be from different location and changing his mobile phones.

Despite informing the seller that I am recording the conversation, he kept on abusing me and told to reward me if I catch hold of him through mobile number or call recording. He indirectly told that he is a champion in scamming on ebay and no one has ever been able to catch him. He was neither moved when I told of a police complaint (he told to do it immediately at 4:30AM) and claim that I will never be able to get the phone or money or catch him in my lifetime. Went ahead threatening and sending goons to my place.

If we talk of privacy issue at such level, eBay has compromised my privacy by giving my address and phone number to such scammers who call and threaten me anytime. This is extremely serious as when I registered in 2002 (in baazee.com), I was asked to send several documents and there were several verification calls and only after that I was allowed to trade on baazee.com (sorry if I spelled it wrong).

This seller registered with this ID on 28th June, immediately posted these items, sold them to us around 2nd week of July, ran away with our money claiming to be a CHAMPION (in his own words) in doing so. Despite informing all this to ebay, they DID nothing to stop him (except blocking one of his ID from further selling after my negative feedback).
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Ironically, seller went untraceable on mobile or email. Still he provided ebay dispatch and delivery info. This points to the nexus between those ebay employees (like Aniket (claims department) and Sunilraj (Trust and Safety) and these scamsters. When the seller was unreachable, how was he able to provide the documents to ebay??? Aniket himself told that his mobile is unreachable when ever he tries.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
Suggest u engage any cheap lawyer to do the running around and enter your plaint etc. - u will also have seller details as u have transacted with him. File your affidavit/plaint yourself and you can serve the papers after getting docket number thru certified regd. post - to repondent 1. which will be the seller and respondent 2. whiich can be ebay india.
Its quite a straightforward process. Attach all your exhibits as evidence ( make sure they comply with Indian Evidence Act - lawyer will advise u ).Once papers are served to both parties even if seller has provided wrong address etc. Ebay will certainly have to reply or settle with u. Ebays physical address is on this site - dig and u will find it. Its not a short process and is time-consuming - so only move if u r resolute and resolved.

tk krr
Message 20 of 22
latest reply