CASIO WATCHES : BEWARE OF REPLICAS

damukarat2010
Community Member
few of my friend's brought new casio edifice watches from ebay India by bidding & Buy now options,Many were at very low prices.But the fact that many casio watches esp, Edifice series are also relipcas.

Many shops in North India are selling these casio replicas at very low price.There is also confirmed reports from Casio India staff is that many casio replicas are imported to India via Hong Kong.

All casio replicas comes with exact casio watch replica model, casio like tags & boxes.

Customer's can confirm the same by visiting nearest casio shop.For multi function watches, many fucntions are not fully functional and just "Tricky" Movements.

The Forgman Casio watches sold in ebay is ALSO 100% Fake .!!

all customer's are requested to check the same via an expert casio collector/dealer. Never believe in advts: such as 100% authentic & original Imported.

Very low priced products sold on all cases may be fakes or Replicas !!!

http://www.flyreplica.com/Casio-Watches.html
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

eknav
Community Member
Here is my story with Edifice 550 on ebay India.
Edifice 550 is supposed to have a retro movement. This is a pendulum like movement to measure time to 1/20 accuracy. I had won this watch for Rs.5650 through bidding. When the watch came, this retro movement was not working. That seller then told me this movement will work only in high end 550 model and will not work in this low end model.
I took it to the dealer who confirmed it is fake.
But I am really surprised how these sellers have a close to 100% positive feedback with people saying Watch they got is original. It is really fishy. May be it is too close to looking like original and people leave a positive feedback without checking with authorized dealers.
PLUS - they say dealer warranty for 1 year. Just imagine sending the watch to them after some time when there is a problem...just imagine how crazy it would be....do u ever think you will get it back????
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Next time if you see such an item, click the Report link.
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

radchou
Community Member
He guys....I have cracked the magic with Casio replica 550d and other watches sold in eBay from one of the sellers. There is a site called c2coffer.com. They sell fake Casio watches that look just like original 100%. Todays rate of Casio edifice 550d is 38 dollars plus 38 dollars for shipping and price is negotiable. Shipping is for unlimited watches. So 100 watches cost just 3838 dollars. So even if u take 40 dollars they cost maximum 2500 rupees. This is sold for average of 4700 rupees in buy it now....imagine the profit. Go to the site and check ou the unbelievable cost for yourself.
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

prodyot
Community Member
Folks - I have won an aunction on a Casio Edifice EF-554. However, not paid for it yet. I should have checked the forum first ๐Ÿ˜ž
My question is that is there any way I can be assured that it's not a replica, but an original one - before I pay the seller? What's gonna happen if I don't buy it, (in case seller can't convince me that it's an original one - i have already asked him for the serial no. etc.)?

Appreciate your response, folks...
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

rathnaprakash
Community Member
I too bought a Casio Edifice EF-550 watch from eBay on 16/10/2012. Received a 100% Fake watch. The seller had advertised it as a 100% authentic, original watch. Moreover the seller has 98.6% positive feedback. I had the watch verified at the Casio Store, who confirmed that it is a duplicate one. I raised a claim with eBay and contacted the seller for a refund, as I am sure a replacement would also be a fake watch. the seller has asked me to ship back the item, which I have done. However seller has asked me to remove the negative feedback I had made in ebay, and only then he would refund my amount. This is the reason why the sellers manage to retain a high positive feedback percentage.
Message 15 of 39
latest reply

Dear Members,

I know it is very disappointing to know that the watch you've bought is not authentic one. Listing replica watch on eBay india is not allowed. Kindly use the 'Report item' link on the listing page- just below the 'Seller Info' box and we will do the needful. In order to keep our online marketplace safe for our members- Our team is checking the products listing every now and then and take an appropriate action against the seller that violate listing policies.
Message 16 of 39
latest reply

rahulsaklecha
Community Member
I checked with a seller about the authentication of the watch, and he replied me with a +ve answer saying, the customs duty for these watches has not been paid, and this is the sole reason for their low prices.
Upon asking about the warranty, he said it will be a seller warranty, i.e. I'll be needing to ship the watch back to the seller for any issues. This confirms that the watch he's selling is a replica, as If that is an original one, the warranty card solely must have served very well, despite of not clearing the customs.
Guys, please be aware of the product and even if u wish to buy one, inquire about the return/repayment policy so that you can get it checked with your nearest dealer and can return the item in case of forgery.
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

dey1
Community Member
I have brought a Casio Edifice Watch. And gone through this forum before making payment. As
1. I did not found any such complain that the watch is not working after couple of month of buying.
2. Nobody tested a Seller/dealer with a original Casio Watch. I think they will give a -Ve feedback if it is not brought from him.
3. Warranty will not work if it is not imported through proper channel. As it does not cover International Warranty.
4. I think repair may be done by Casio Service Center against Payment, which may please be verified. If Service Center is agree to repair against payment then it is certainly genuine.
5. I think this watches are imported avoiding customs duty or factory 2nd sale product with some minor defects and did not allowed in QC.

This discussion may please be continued. Which will enrich and guide new buyers.

Warm Regards
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

I was surprised and excited to see the price for Casio Edifice series watches on ebay. I had bid for one watch today and then I realized that something is wrong. The same watch cost 11k on Flipkart and authorized Casio show rooms, these sellers are giving it for 5k. Bottom line is that these are fake watches, these are not even worth 2k. I don't know why Ebay is encouraging this, these sellers should be banned. Ebay is definitely not a safe place to buy, if you buy then always buy products with manufacture's warranty. Buying a product with seller's warranty is foolish.
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

user_eagle
Community Member
EBAY IS WORST ! I HAVENT RECEIVED MY PROMOTION GIFT ALSO !
STOP CHEATING PEOPLE EBAY !!
Message 20 of 39
latest reply