Buying from USA, but shipping to India

raymetz100
Community Member
I live in USA and already buy from eBay.com using PayPal. I would like to buy Indian goods from ebay.in and have items mailed to my friends in India. How do I set up a PasiaPay account and fund it with my US dollars?
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Paisapay is different from Paypal, here no need to set up an account for paisapay. You can use your credit card to buy using paisapay!

Regards,
L.Pethachi

pethachi

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
hi,
You would need a Visa/Mastercard credit card for making a payment via paisapay. You cannot use American Express card with paisapay. There is no need for registration and it is free for buyers. You would be paying in indian rupess. Your bank will charge you in dollars. Some banks charge 2-4% foreign currency conversion charges.
I hope the above information helps.
Cheers, 🙂

Rishabh
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

praidip_d
Community Member
I m Pradip here I have not credit card, but I m interest to buy the products .
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

raymetz100
Community Member
I was not able to bid on item 8783621420 with my USA eBay account, RayMetz100.
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8783621420

The only way it would accept my bid was to create a new eBay India account RayMetz100i with an Indian City, Province, and Postal Code. I won the auction and paid with my USA credit card using PasiaPay, but now the seller compubazaar says he was advised by eBay to refund the payment because the address on the credit card did not match the address of my friend I wanted him to mail the gift to. Any Ideas? How can a USA buyer purchase from eBay India and ship to his friends in India?

Thanks,

Ray Metz
Everett, WA USA
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
hi,
Twice international buyers paid me via visa/mastercard credit card and it got cleared. To bid for a item from your US login you need to login in ebay.com and search for the item by using advanced search option.
If it is high value transaction then you would be required to send a fax or a scanned copy by email of your credit card.
Do not forget to blur the 3 digit pin number on the back side of your credit card.
Also you need to mention the item number, paisapay id and your contact address(credit card address) on the fax.
I have provided every detail to the best of my knowledge but you should always clarify with the ebay customer care team.
I hope the above information solves your problem.
Cheers, 🙂

Rishabh
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

raymetz100
Community Member
When I try to bid with my USA account, it says this:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:

You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't ship.

Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.

This seller doesn't ship to your country.

How can they "exempt me from any buyer requirements"?
This is the first one I tried using a different account and won the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8783621420

Now I see he's posted this auction and it won't let me bid from my USA account.
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8788344691
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi,
This has happened because ebay india allows sellers to set the bidder requirements. The seller has decided that he will not ship the item to outside india. You can personally contact the seller to remove you from the restriction. This can be done individually.
The main problem is many indian buyers pose as foreign buyers and use stolen credit card to pay for the item. Also there is siginificant threat of Nigerian buyers. These experience restrict a seller from allowing a foreign buyer to bid for the item.
Considering that you are a very early ebay.com member the seller mught agree to remove you from the restriction.

Rishabh
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

raymetz100
Community Member
After all that, we never did figure out how to unrestrict the action for a specific buyer. He first offered to remove the restrictions for 1 specific hour, but in the end, we just decided to use my second RayMetz100i account which has an India address on it.

Can someone from here send instructions on how to remove restrictions on an auction from 1 buyer only? I'd prefer to purchase from my normal USA eBay account, Ray Metz100 and not have to explain the second account to everyone I try to buy from in India.

Thanks,

Ray Metz
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

psycho_cars
Community Member
its simple.
Ask your seller to open a paypal account.
Getting a payout from paypal is easy
I have used paypal even for some undian and Uk buyers . It went fine no hassels

Varun
Message 10 of 20
latest reply