Are buyers safe with eBay?

Hello,
I bought a landline phone from ebay thinking that it's a safe place to buy. I got a defective phone. I contacted seller to mutually solve that problem. He didn't respond to my message. Then I opened a claim against him thinking that he will now respond to my message but he didn't. But after few days I got a call from ebay representative that If I agree to close this claim then I'll be offered 110% coupon so that I can buy a new phone. I agreed to that offer. I have been told that I'll get my coupon in 7-10 working days. Now even after 10 working days, I didn't get any coupon from ebay at all. When I have tried to contact customer support officer on chat, he dropped the chat. When I called ebay customer support on phone, they dropped the call. Now what should I do and what should i believe? Are buyers safe with ebay?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bsha1325
Community Member
I found it fake. This ebay granteed is nothing bt fake. I purchased one saree bt what I actually received is different. I lodged a call on ebay customer care one of their executive registered my complaint and told me that I wud receive confirmation call from eBay Guarantee. Next day I received the call and I confirmed them that I m nt satisfied with the product so the executive told me that I will receive my refund within 7 to 10 days and said to me that just wait..will no need to do anything regarding this claim will receive it soon. I was out of delhi since a week and was unable to check my mails. And after a week when I came back to my home and checked my mails i was shock they cancelled my claim. This is disgusting.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ohh, I am so sorry to hear that. All I suggest you that never shop for a saree or mobile phone on ebay. You'll always be cheated. 😞

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLz dont buy even a saftey PIN in ebay 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply