cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99% of Casio Edifice watches sold on ebay is replica...confirmed by seller

damukarat2010
Community Member

it is a great true story:
On recent days many sellers are selling casio (and even other poplular brands)edifice watches on ebay India at very low price 9even lower than US casio shops).

many customers brought the same ,and some ones even knowing the truth about its authenticity brought the same as a Casio replica.

We contacted an ebay seller selling the same from Hong kong, and he agreed to us that he is selling 100% casio replica of Edifice .In hong kong & China all new & old model replicas of all Casio Edifice models are available at shops @ 1/4 of the original prices, They makes exact replicas and some exact functions with a exact user manual, fake markings, and the edifice box.Even with fake Edifice sale tags with original prices !!!.

So all customers are requested to verify its authenticity by visiting near casio shop (if you wish to be proud owner of the original casio gear).

The seller replies saying that "this product is not original, but the same high quality is worth your purchasing."

SO ACT WISELY, think before buying the same.The problem is many sellers selling the same are again selling and confirming to buyers that its 100% original.But the truth is that the same original is not even available in US or Singapore at the price as indicated on ebay India !@!!!!!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

dheerajdenny
Community Member
I just ordered an Edifice knowing that it is duplicate. "Be a proud owner of Casio" is for someone who value mental satisfaction more than real one.

i did a week long research and came to know that these are quality products. may be duplicate or factory second(which i dont believe. as a recent discovery i found the 554D- 7AVDF model to be duplicate. the outer ring is not exactly blue in the original one (went to showroom), while that shown in the picture by seller (3799 rs) has real blue ring. Also inside, you can find white small dials. it is supposed to be silver one.

Hence duplicate. I value my money and wont use a watch more than 2-3 years. for me its worth the deal. (12700-3799=8900) thats the math i applied 🙂
Message 11 of 54
latest reply

Guys, 

Not only Ebay there have been some other websites imitating customers for Casio Edifice with cheap offers.

With more than 1/4th of the original Pricing.

The sellers bet those to be an imported watch sold out at cheaper rates because these have come to the market without custom duties. The simple logic behind is duplicate / replicated items from CHINA/ HongKong.

The manufactures have done good job creating a cloned features/ colors/ weight and overall looks by copying CASIO EDIFICE looking watch to something similar prototype, but mind it it is NOT CASIO.

If we look at the intricacy of the craftmanship, for example in a duplicate Casio Edific 554D 7AVDF, the dial prints looks poor, comparable to the original one. The small dial at the 6 O' clock and 3 O' clock for stop watch timers varies and are white on duplicate watch. Originals has a silver lining. Hence one has to look closely which generally no one cares as they are getting a cheaper but something Casio looking overall.

Those watches have no life as dials comes out of the beizzel / some features like 1/20 sec ( retrograde feature) doesnt work on most of them.  

Original costs : 12790/- and we can easily get the same for 3999/- Approx.    🐵 Looks tempting.

My appeal to public, choose wisely as I have been spoofed twice and waiting for my refunds which is kiosk. Arrgh !

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Please do not make such critical comments with vague knowledge, most of these watches are being sold at such a low price due to reasons such as stock pile up and such. A trusted site such as Ebay cannot sell fakes since they are illegal.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

rekha0000
Community Member
Hi! After reading so many comments m scared. I have bought casio 550d which is yet to be delivered. Original price 14k, got it for 4k so I for sure know that thrz a catch. I bought it thinking that it will be a direct import n duty free. Now m concerned, wud ppl make out dat it is fake.........., if not m still ok. Also, thrz seller warranty n not manufacturerz, so who will take care in case of any issues later......? Plz help if u know anything abt it...........
Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Folks,

Pls exercise caution when purchasing branded items for a steep discount. If it sounds too good to be true, figure out if it actually is. 

Feel free to contact the seller and ask questions regarding authenticity, their willingness to take responsibility if item is fake,etc. 

Also, some buyers are ok with fake branded items (as long as it does not affect the item's functionality too much) if they are getting it for a discounted price. They care about bragging in front of others (nothing wrong with that 🙂 So, figure out which category you belong to and choose your path.

Happy and safe ecommerce-ing!

Message 15 of 54
latest reply

@dheerajdenny wrote:
I just ordered an Edifice knowing that it is duplicate. "Be a proud owner of Casio" is for someone who value mental satisfaction more than real one.

i did a week long research and came to know that these are quality products. may be duplicate or factory second(which i dont believe. as a recent discovery i found the 554D- 7AVDF model to be duplicate. the outer ring is not exactly blue in the original one (went to showroom), while that shown in the picture by seller (3799 rs) has real blue ring. Also inside, you can find white small dials. it is supposed to be silver one.

Hence duplicate. I value my money and wont use a watch more than 2-3 years. for me its worth the deal. (12700-3799=8900) thats the math i applied 🙂

100% agree with you. its simple math Smiley LOL just wanted to confirm only 1 point "If this fake is water-resistant or not?" whats your say on this??

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

even i have bought one. we both are fooled. we need to do something so that people can be aware of these malicious things! 

@junaid_uzma wrote:
I have bought two Casio watches from ebay it will be shipped soon.
What r the authenticity of these watches?
Fake or duplicate watches may easily buy from Delhi market in some hundreds Rs.
Have i made fool?
Someone pls told if they bought these type of watches?

Message 17 of 54
latest reply

Did you not report this to ebay . we should be going to consumer forum to report such kind of malicious sellers..

@parthshah93 wrote:

even i have bought one. we both are fooled. we need to do something so that people can be aware of these malicious things! 

@junaid_uzma wrote:
I have bought two Casio watches from ebay it will be shipped soon.
What r the authenticity of these watches?
Fake or duplicate watches may easily buy from Delhi market in some hundreds Rs.
Have i made fool?
Someone pls told if they bought these type of watches?

Message 18 of 54
latest reply

i think these watches are really replicas, as the seller is often far away from the buyers n give 1 yr seller warranty which a buyer doest afford if a watch goes with any fault. ebay should take responsibilty that, if that watch goes under any fault within warranty or gurantee period then ebay would give temporary credit to a buyer with an option to send an item to seller through post for repair until it get repaired from the seller.
Message 19 of 54
latest reply

hi, I had purchased an edifice 554 7avd watch @ 4000 rs. the mrp displayed elsewhere is 12950rs.

After receiving the watch, i cross examined and realized that it is a fake watch.

It is my appeal to all my friends that they check the following points before buying.

1. If closely observed the rear side, it says china steel.

2. The watch does not have an embossed serial number. (all genuine watches must have it)

3. The document recieved doest seem to be very authentic. You can even feel the paper quality.

4. The seller confirms seller warranty. however, there is no manufacturer warranty.

5. If you check the casio logo every where, you will find the trademark sign or Regtd sign missing/ damaged/ improper.

I believe that these practices should be banned and the sellers should be penalised for using 100% original statement in their description.

I have issued a complaint on ebay and i have requested for my money back.

Hope my experience helps others too.

Regards,

Abhijeet Bhosale

<script type="text/javascript">// var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' }; // </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js"></script>
Message 20 of 54
latest reply